Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Adventures of Rot-Ing Fav, Lacy, and Vicky of the Oonie

Germany

This is going to be another strange post filled with photos, videos, and just strangeness from me, so I apologize in advance.

The night before my trip across Europe, I was up writing a paper. I'm in serious need of a solid nine hours... at least. I'm a bit tired, sore, and my Blogger dashboard is in German.

Got on an early train to Edinburgh. This is what we look like when we're tired and excited...



Yeah...

So Danial, Elise, and I made it to Edinburgh, caught our flight to what we thought was Munich. We were wrong. We had to catch a train to Munich, but we were so excited that we weren't too put out. Here's our train video...


Let me try to remember what happened next... Oh yeah! The strap on my bag ripped. I had to buy a new one tonight. I seriously heart my new bag.

Last night after settling into our hotel, we went out to eat. Dan was dying to eat (or drink) at some pub here called The Hofbräuhaus. All I know is, it took us far too long to find a table. Fortunately, two guys that we met on the U-Bahn, Michael and Tony, found a table for us. Neither were American so dinner with them was a hoot. We drank beer, ate pretzels with our food, and had a good first night in Germany.

Don't worry, Elise and I split it.


Me and the Rathaus-Glockenspiel. Maybe you've heard of it.



I couldn't remember the name of this place. I know Dan was geeked out about it. I had to go look it up. Turns out my German sucks. I feel bad attempting to speak it in public.





We got back to the hotel, and before I called my sister to wish her a happy birthday (Happy Birthday, Alicia!!!!), this happened...



This morning we woke up, bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Why? Because we were going to see us some castles. Not just any castles. One happened to be the one and only legit fairy tale castle, Neuschwanstein Castle.

Our early morning antics...



We had paid for a guided tour to take us to the castles and, you know, give us the tours... boy, we were not happy to hear that the price we paid online didn't include admission prices. Thievery went on in Bavaria this morning against our heroines and hero, Rot-Ing Fav, Vicky of the Oonie, and Lacy. But never fear, it was totally worth the price.

View from the bus. Looks like the Bavarian Alps to me.
Me outside Linderhof Palace.
























Swans are a big deal at the first palace we went to. King Ludwig II had a thing for them. On the way up to the palace, we came across one.



Unfortunately they didn't allow pictures to be taken in the palace, so I can't show you anything. For lunch, we were taken to a village called Oberammergau in between the two palaces.




To sum it up: saw a cuckoo clock, ate bisque, got cheated out of a martini (wine and an olive, a martini do not make), got some ice cream while shopping... for that tote!!!

Then it was off to the fairy tale castle!

      





So these are the pics that I could show you... let me try to find one online that doesn't have scaffolding and is from a good angle...








Yep... I was there. Here's one last video before I go to bed. By the way, when we were there, we asked a man to take our picture. He had his own professional looking camera and he kind of chuckled before agreeing. I swear he really was a big time photographer. He got the perfect pictures, angles, lighting... Vicky of the Oonie was impressed.


Next update from Switzerland. Goodnight, folks! 


1 comment:

  1. Germany sounds like fun :D I really want to visit an overseas place soon. Anyway, glad to see you feeling better and up and about, especially in another country!

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete