Earlier this Week
There are two reasons for me posting this video. One, I wanted to show you one form of entertainment here because these guys are a hoot. We're planning our mid-semester break, traveling Italy, Germany, and other places in Europe.The second reason is if I don't return, it's probably because these two have sold me to a sheik who's mistaken me for a docile virgin to fund their semester abroad.
So, take note of these two!
That being said, these two are great, and I didn't realize I was doing such a shoddy camera job until I saw it today, so sorry about that.
![]() |
| Took one sip and decided it was too bitter. |
Ridiculous.
Oh, on a different note, at the second place we went, Morrisons Cold Beer Co., Danial coxed me into trying fried haggis. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The trick is not thinking about what you're eating.

This is them again... and our drinks. By the way, those crappy French martinis? Had three of them.
See Sami! I did eventually eat the haggis.
Today
Since I spent yesterday (which was a Friday) at the library reading for my classes, I decided to spend the day doing what I came to Scotland to do—look at some sights!I walked to Stirling Castle which is about ten minutes away from my flat. I thought it would be simple, follow the castle, only I couldn't see it from the street. I saw one sign that started me on my way...
Do you see that, folks? It appears to be a road sloping upward. So there I was climbing this hill and I wasn't seeing any more signs, so I asked a woman if I was heading in the right direction. She joked that if you're in Scotland and walking uphill, you'll find a castle.
She was right.
I couldn't find anybody who wanted to go to the castle because it cost £13 to get in. Well, the fee didn't dissuade me because, hello, that's why I came to Scotland! To see some freakin' castles my friends.
And it was worth it— the climb, the fee, my poor aching feet.
![]() |
| Another suit of armor. |
I think if I ever become obscenely rich, I'd be one of those eclectic gazillionaires with a hallway lined with suits of armor for no other reason than I liked it. So let's pray that I only become a millionaire.
One of the things I loved about the castle was the cast stationed in costume. It made things really enjoyable.

All in all, it was a beautiful day, not a rain cloud in the sky.

There are several reasons why I shouldn't post this video:
1) It was too bright for me to see what I was capturing, so I was hoping for the best. Instead of showing you the view of Scotland, I showed you some pretty clouds.
2) I sound like a hick. Seriously, go back and listen for it.
3) There's some weird caution fencing around the ground that I did manage to capture. It kind of makes me wonder what happened to warrant it.
But all that aside, it's me, enjoying Scotland. How could I not post it?






HELLO MY FRIEND, IT IS SARAH, I don't know why that came out in all caps.... I blame it on the movie Thor that I watched a few days ago.....
ReplyDeleteI don't think you will have much problem if you do get sold to a sheik, as soon as you open your mouth no one will mistake to for docile (that was supposed to be a complement.) but, you can always call me and buy you out of slavery. I’m glad you have made some friends and are enjoying yourself. Miss you much.
Ah Sarah, I'm so glad that I have a friend willing to buy my freedom! I am enjoying myself and I miss you too. Glad you got the postcard ;)
DeleteOh wow, amazing :D Question...did you enjoy the haggis? When I taught about Scotland (in a teaching experience; the students were in 2nd grade), the kids thought it was the GROSSEST thing ever! I think it is nasty too. Anyway, loved it :)
ReplyDelete-Becky
Not the yummiest thing I've ever eaten, but I've had worse!
Delete