It's the night before I leave.
My parents took me out to eat. We went to a Mexican restaurant... it was the second time this week. I think they want to fill me with enough Tex-Mex so I'll have something to return to. (Like seeing them wouldn't be motivation enough... pfft.)
That's them!
Today was pretty stressful—running around, getting things taken care of before I go. Last minute shopping, prescription pick-up, bank statements that prove I won't beg for money when I get there, you know—all the things I should have done last week.
Well, I was at Wal-mart, and when I'm on a shopping mission, I sometimes ramble about the things I'm looking for or that are on the list in my head or even crazy things I see. As I was leaving I said to myself, "I love being productive. I feel all tingly." Normally not a problem, except there was a family walking out right in front of me, and the mother turned around to look at me before grabbing her little girl. So, I'm thinking that in the future when I talk to myself, it needs to be a little quieter.
It's almost 10 p.m. and my flight leaves at six something. So I should probably get some sleep, huh?
Wish me luck! Not with the sleep, with the airport adventures I get to experience.
--Vicky

No comments:
Post a Comment